Wednesday on "Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress":
- 0:00: Rose Scott and Jim Burress give a news brief on construction company owner Charles Richards, who was indicted in the alleged bribery for city of Atlanta contracts;
- 1:15: Scott and Burress give a news brief on the reading of a letter from Coretta Scott King in opposition against the nomination of Sen. Jeff Sessions as U.S. Attorney General that led to the silencing of Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren;
- 4:04: Sarah Owings, chair of the Georgia-Alabama chapter for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, talks about the local reaction after a federal appeals court held an emergency meeting regarding the suspension of President Donald Trump’s travel ban;
- 18:24: "Closer Look" gives a preview of the new podcast "Historically Black," which reveals intimate and surprising aspects of history and is hosted by popular African-American actors and writers;
- 30:20: Casey Grant, author and former flight attendant, gives an update on her book, “Star in the Sky: Stories of the First African American Flight Attendants,” which is being turned into a feature film.