Tuesday on "Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress":
- 0:00: Rose Scott and Jim Burress report on the pending execution of 72-year-old Brandon Astor Jones, Georgia’s oldest death row inmate;
- 1:21: Jim Burress reports on a movement in Georgia to fix the issue of “surprise” out-of-network health insurance billing;
- 10:15: Actor McKinley Belcher III discusses his role as Samuel Diggs, a free black laborer, in PBS’s new series “Mercy Street”;
- 22:02: Candace Wheeler talks about the Iowa Caucus winners, social media milestones and Groundhog Day in today’s “Trending” segment;
- 26:21: Jerry Gonzalez, executive director of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials, and Chris Perlera, community outreach director of the Georgia Young Republicans, discuss the Latino vote in the presidential primary;
- 42:37: Martha Dalton reports on a group of immigrant students who have temporary protection from deportation who are fighting the Georgia Board of Regents over in-state tuition policies;
- 47:11: Candace Wheeler looks into the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Urban Honeybee project.