Thursday on "Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress":
- 0:00: Jennifer Sarett with Emory’s Center for the Study of Human Health discusses appropriate language to use when talking about autism;
- 12:59: Elly Yu reports on Georgia’s rate of lethal injections;
- 15:02: Retired WCLK DJ Greg Lockett and gospel singer Geoffrey Golden discuss the evolution of gospel music;
- 29:31: Candace Wheeler reports on the death of Merle Haggard, a teacher pay raise in North Carolina, a video of a police officer at a Texas middle school, Janet Jackson’s tour postponement and a very expensive chair in today’s “Trending” segment;
- 35:02: Dr. Samuel Fernandez-Carriba of the Department of Pediatrics at Emory and Chris Gunter, associate professor with the Division of Autism and Related Disorders at Emory, discuss autism identification within minority communities;
- 51:29: Dr. Ford Vox talks about new findings related to heartburn medication and dementia in this week’s “Medical Minute”;
- 55:45: Matt Lampert, director of the Socionomics Institute, explains what exactly socionomics means.