Thursday on "Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress":
- 0:00: Rose Scott gives a news brief on Mayor Kasim Reed’s statement regarding Amendment 1, which would allow the state to intervene in chronically failing schools;
- 1:03: Reporter Johnny Kauffman discusses SPLOST and T-SPLOST referenda some voters will see on their ballots this election season;
- 12:16: WABE medical analyst Dr. Ford Vox talks about how hospitals respond to cardiac arrest in this week’s "Medical Minute";
- 16:15: Angela Rye, political commentator and analyst, principal and CEO of IMPACT Strategies, talks about female representation in politics;
- 27:36: Castleberry Hill resident Gwen Marshall speaks to reporter Kate Sweeney as part of “Changing Atlanta”, a series about how Atlanta’s population shift affects residents’ lives;
- 31:51: WABE education reporter Martha Dalton and Atlanta Journal-Constitution education columnist Maureen Downey discuss Gov. Nathan Deal’s controversial plan to create an Opportunity School District and how proponents and opponents are delivering their message through ads and social media.