Internships at Public Broadcasting Atlanta
The internship program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to learn about broadcasting and the supporting areas of Radio and Television.
PBA offers internship opportunities in the following areas*:
- Radio News
- Television Production & Programming
- Development & Membership Services
- Digital Media
- Human Resources
*Open internships are determined by departmental request, so please note that certain positions may not be available.
Currently Available Internships
Digital Media Intern
Public Broadcasting Atlanta is seeking interns that will gain experience in providing photography and video production for news, features, television, education, and digital services departments.
Interns will need to be available for at least 20 hours per week.
Digital Media interns will accompany producers and reporters on stories, create stock photography, document internal events, and produce video segments to supplement programming. Interns may also produce independent pieces, including photo essays, slideshows, and video interviews, that may be used on one of PBA’s websites.
Interns will also gain experience in CMS photo and video management, including sorting, uploading, tagging, and adding Meta descriptions for visual assets.
Successful candidates will be creative thinkers, able to identify visual opportunities, capable visual storytellers and have some experience (class assignments included) in still photography and video production, as well as a basic understanding of editing, preparing photos and video for distribution on the Web.
- College junior, senior, or recent graduate
- Experience photographing events and people
- DSLR camera experience a plus
- Understanding of Adobe Photoshop
- Some experience with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere
- Highly organized, creative, self-motivated, punctual, and able to work under tight deadlines
- Completion of internship application and including all requested material
If you are interested , apply to be an intern and join the Public Broadcasting Atlanta team! Download the Internship Program Package and submit to:
Vice President of Human Resources
AETC, Inc./ PBA
740 Bismark Rd., NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Fax: (678) 553-3026